In order to offset the risk of money laundering as prescribed by FIC’s Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Legislation (ed. 2018), all employees at City Coins are committed to the following best practices in terms of the Anti-Money Laundering policy.
- All clients who wish to do business with City Coins are screened and verified in terms of the Know Your Customer requirements.
- Personal record is kept on all clients who wish to do business with City Coins. Such records may require updating, depending on the time since the last transaction.
- No Krugerrands will be sold without proof of residence and a copy of the person’s ID document. In the case of a business, we require CK documents, ID copies of the shareholders, and any further documentation that we deem necessary to ensure that the AML/KYC requirements are met.
- Third-party payments are not allowed.
- No cash payments or cash deposits are accepted under any circumstance.
- Spikes in activity or amounts will be queried.
- Suspicious activities and transactions (that do not comply with the above requirements) will be treated as suspicious and will be reported to FIC without notification.
- When selling Krugerrands to City Coins, we require an original proof of purchase from a reputable dealer who is an official re-seller for the Rand Refinery and SA Mint.
- A reassessment is conducted of all previous and related transactions with City Coins if suspicious activity related to money laundering is detected or suspected.